Here’s an opportunity for budding writers (even already-published writers) that absolutely cannot be missed: Get Smarter and one of the biggest publishers in South Africa, Random House Struik, have joined forces with literary consultant Ronald Irwin to provide writers with the skills they need to get published and to write manuscripts that will become bestsellers!
Here’s the information you need about the course:
* 10-week part-time creative writing course presented via Internet-based distance learning
* Will teach students the techniques of good story writing applicable to fiction and non-fiction
* Highly practical with 5 written pieces completed during the course
* Continuous guidance, monitoring and assistance is provided by the Course Convener and Course Coordinator
* Students form part of a “online writing community” and interact via a learning-based website
* Top manuscripts will be submitted to Random House Struik for consideration
The Course will consist of the following modules:
Module 1 Planning The Story
Module 2 The Importance of Beginnings
Module 3 Characters and Characterisation
Module 4 Plot vs. Story
Module 5 Dialogue
Module 6 Point of View
Module 7 Conflict
Module 8 Tying it all Up
Module 9 Revision
Module 10 Approaching Publishers & Agents with Your Finished Work
I’m going to be taking part in this course and I’m incredibly excited! In fact, excitement is an understatement. This is the first opportunity that’s come along for me to really learn as much as I can about the craft of writing, and I’m grabbing it with both hands. 🙂
And, since this course isn’t limited to a location or to a specific country, I suggest that you do, too. 🙂 I’m confident that this course will be really good preparation for Clarion!
Head on over to the Get Smarter Course Page to get some more info and download the pack that’ll have all the details you need to register for the course, 🙂
If you need more info about the course, contact Karin on +27 21 685 4775 or via email on karin(at)getsmarter(dot)biz.